- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion (180g), finely chopped
- 4 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 115g brown basmati rice
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 400g butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- large handful of parsley, chopped
Heat the oil in a large pan set over a high heat and fry the onion, celery and pepper, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins until starting to soften and colour.
Stir in the spices and rice, then tip in the tomatoes and a can of water. Stir in the garlic, beans and bouillon. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 25 mins until the rice is tender and has absorbed most of the liquid. Keep an eye on the pan towards the end of the cooking time to make sure it doesn’t boil dry – if it starts to catch, add a little more water.
Stir in the parsley and serve hot.