366 cals per portion
- 880g/ 1lb 12 oz floury potato, scrubbed and cut into chips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- zest 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 x 140g/5oz thick sustainable white fish fillets
- 200g/ 7oz cherry tomato
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Pat chips dry on kitchen paper, then lay in a single layer on a large baking tray. Drizzle with half the olive oil and season with salt. Cook for 40 mins, turning after 20 mins, so they cook evenly.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the lemon zest and parsley, then season well. Top the cod evenly with the breadcrumb mixture, then drizzle .0with the remaining oil. Put in a roasting tin with the cherry tomatoes, then bake in the oven for the final 10 mins of the chips’ cooking time.
We’ve halved the fat and calories of this traditional favourite by cooking it in the oven instead of frying. Although potatoes don’t count towards your 5-a-day, they’re a useful source of vitamin C as well as B6, potassium and manganese.