€30,000 up for grabs with ‘Gala’ Gifts for Primary Schools
– Gala Retail announces increased prize fund for school competitions
Leading Irish convenience retail group, Gala Retail is back with its ‘Gala Gifts for Schools’ campaign for 2019. Building on the success of the launch of the competition to mark the retail group’s 20th year in business last year, Gala is bringing the competition back, but this time with an even bigger prize pot of €30,000 being donated to Irish Primary Schools.
This year sees the introduction of three categories for schools to enter. The €30,000 prize fund will be divided across these, with each winning primary school being awarded €10,000.
Primary schools from across Ireland are invited to enter the competition by submitting a 60-second video, via the Gala website, telling Gala about a school project that they would carry out if they were to win the prize money.
The categories for entry are Best Health & Wellness Project, Best Tech Project, and Best Eco Project. So, get your thinking cap on over the Summer, be ready to start filming your school entry video in September and your school could be in with a chance to win €10,000!
The competition will open for entries in September and run until Mid-November. Further information and details on how to enter will be featured in the September edition of InTouch magazine.
For further information:
Jolene Kelly | RNN Communications
048 9521 3621
Gala Gifts for Schools Competition – TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Through its Gala Gifts for Schools competition, Gala Retail is giving away €30,000 of prize money – three x prizes of €10,000 – to three Irish Primary Schools.
- Primary schools are invited to submit a video telling Gala Retail and its judging panel about a project that would benefit their school and how the prize money would be allocated to fund their project
- The project detailed in the entry video should be a one-off project that is not in receipt of funding from elsewhere
- There are three categories to enter: Best Health & Wellness Project, Best Tech Project, and Best Eco Project
- Entrants must be employees of the school or have the School’s permission to submit the video entry on behalf of the school
- By applying, each school confirms that the entering teacher/school representative/Students & Video participant has permission to make this application on behalf of his/her school.
- Each school may enter all three categories – maximum of one entry per category
- Only Primary Schools based on ROI are eligible to enter the competition
- This promotion opens on 2nd September and closes on 8th November
- Primary schools wishing to enter the competition must record a video of up to 60 seconds in duration and upload to a video hosting platform (YouTube or Vimeo)
- All entries must be made via the Gala.ie website in the ‘Gala Retail Gifts for Schools’ area, where a school will be asked to enter the URL at which their entry video is hosted, along with school name, location and other requested mandatory information.
- Emails and other forms of entry are not accepted
- Bulk entries (meaning the use of any form of technology which allows multiple entries) are not allowed
- The promoter (Gala Retail) takes no responsibility for entries that are delayed, lost or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical or other reason.
- No purchase is necessary
- Winning schools must begin work on their winning project within three months of winning the competition, failure to do so will result in a forfeit of the prize fund
- The winning schools will be required to provide progress reports, along with photos, when requested to document the development of the winning project
- Successful applicants will be notified by 13th November.
By entering this Promotion, the school agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions:
- Primary school name and county will be released in publicity if they win or are shortlisted as a finalist
- School name and video (including shots of pupils) may be used by Gala Retail for promotional purposes during and after the competition for an unspecified period, including a mention in press releases and online materials
- Your data will be held by Gala Retail and can be shared with its estate of stores. It will not be sold and will not be passed to any third parties
- Your data will be held for a GDPR compliant duration by Gala Retail and can be used for promotional and PR purposes for an unspecified period of time
- Your data will/may be used for the following: (i)to check that schools comply with these terms and are eligible to apply; (ii)to notify successful applicants; (iii)to administer the Promotion; (iv)to evaluate the effectiveness of the initiative and to obtain schools’ feedback; (v)if the initiative is a success and we repeat it, the data will be used to approach the schools to see if they would like to participate again.
- Entry into the Promotion is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
- Entries will be judged by a panel of judges, appointed by Gala Retail, who will judge the entries based:
- Creativity and innovation
- The benefit of a specified project to the school
- Potential for learning
- The judges’ decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into
- Gala Retail reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the Promotion at any stage.
- Entries to one category can be moved to another at Gala Retail’s discretion if deemed more suitable.
- Promotion is subject to the laws of Ireland
Promoter: Gala Retail, Summit House, Embassy Office Park, Kill, Co. Kildare, Ireland
Gala Gifts for Schools 2018 Winners
First place: Caherline National School in Caherconlish, Limerick €10,000
Joint runner up: Shinrone National School in Birr €5,000
Joint runner up: Scoil Naomh Iosef in Ballyheigue €5,000